Monday, January 5, 2009

Road Poetry by Tricia Baehr

Silently they all slept.
Their breath was all that was heard.
The beauty of the in and the out.
Inside my own chest I could feel the beating of my heart.
I could feel the blood pumping through my veins.
For the first time in years the feeling in the pit of my stomach was gone.
I knew that I was on the right path.
Peacefulness swept over me as I flipped on the blinker and changed lanes.
In the side view mirror I saw the hills of my upbringing slip away.
Eyes forward.
The adventure, the possibilities lie ahead.
Change.
Chances.
Renewal.
The corners of my lips upturn and spread into a most glorious smile.
Yes, yes.
This is it.
It's on it's way.
And the movie orchestra music in my head strikes up a score and I can hear the angels playing our song.

1 comment:

Kristen Martini said...

Beautiful. Beautiful.

For the first time in years the feeling in the pit of my stomach was gone.

Amen Sister.